THANK YOU! We are touched and humbled by the generosity of the many faithful parish members who support the work of the church through the kindness of donations. Your gifts make a difference.
Covid-Omicron Update on Covid-19
May 1, 2022
Update on Covid-19 Vaccination Policy for the Diocese of Thunder Bay:
This policy, which went into force on October 29, 2021, was intended as a temporary policy - and due to the developments of Covid-19 protocols and safeguards now in place, this policy ceased on May 1, 2022. However the following measures are to remain in place for the safety of all ministers and congregations.
- Masks and physical distancing are optional, and respect is to be shown to those who wish to continue to wear a mask or share physical distancing.
- Holy Communion is still to be received in the hand, and ministers must wear a mask and sanitize their hands before distribution.
- It is recommended that all pews and churches be kept clean along with all bathroom facilities being sanitized, and parish halls and meeting rooms kept clean and safe.
- Collections and processions may commence in all churches. Parish meetings and funeral receptions may commence with refreshments being served.
- Hand Sanitation stations are to be kept at all church doors.
- Parishioners who are displaying any symptoms of Covid (coughing, fever, weakness, fatigue, muscle pain, etc.) are to please remain at home until they are well.
Bishop Fred Colli
The Pope's Apology to Indigenous People
Visit to Canada: July 24th to 30th, 2022
For more information please visit the post regarding the Papal Visit to Canada (Local Event)
Reporting Sexual Misconduct:
The Diocese of Thunder Bay and all its employees and volunteers are committed to making our areas a safe environment for minors, the elderly, and any vulnerable people. In response to that commitment, if you feel you wish to make a complaint against a priest, a lay employee or volunteer, please call our Diocesan Assessor, Fr. James Panikulam at 807-475-7489 or our Diocesan Associate Assessor, Sandra Debesys at 807-343-9313. If you have a complaint against a Bishop - please call 1-866-892-3737 or to submit an on-line confidential complaint against a bishop please click here. Thank You.
For more information you can also read the reporting information for Bishops FAQ.
Diocesan News and Media
Latest News and Memos
Pope Francis will arrive in Canada on Sunday July 24th. Please pray for his visit and his safe arrival and journey to Canada. The Catholic Pastoral Centre hall will invite those wishing to see some of the events of the Pope’s visit. We will view his opening visit with Indigenous peoples on Monday July 25th…Read More
Media Center Updates
Fr. Luigi gives insight on the Pontifical Mission Society and what it does in Thunder Bay.Read More
Services and Departments
Bishop Fred Joseph Colli is the current bishop of Thunder Bay and area. The Bishop's Office oversees all day to day operations of the Diocese, the Pastoral Centre and local Catholic parishes. This also includes Diocesan Development, the webmaster, and finance offices.
Susan Nistico is the executive secretary and director of personnel to the bishop, she can be reached at email@example.com or by calling the Pastoral Centre.
Daily Mass available from MANY sources
Masses online and on TV, here are a few suggestions:
VisionTV (Bell Channel 261, Shaw Direct Channel 394, and Tbaytel Channel 675)
EWTN (Shaw Channels 292, 559. and 285)
Faith TV (Bell Channel 591)
Joy-V (Bell Channel 656)
YesTV (Bell Channel 651)