May is the Month of Mary
Mary gave new life to the world when she gave birth to our Saviour Jesus Christ. In the words of Pope Paul VI, May is “a month which the piety of the faithful has long dedicated to Mary, the Mother of God.” May, when the earth blooms in springtime beauty, is an ideal time for our thoughts to be directed towards this supremely lovely Queen of Heaven and Earth. How can you honour the Blessed Virgin Mary in a special way? Here are some ideas:
1. Make a crown of flowers for your Mary statue
2. Pray a novena to Our Lady
3. Make an effort to pray the rosary daily
4. Learn about a new Marian devotion. For example, Our Lady of Fatima (whose feast is May 13th), Our Lady of Sorrows, Our Lady Undoer of Knots, Our Lady of Guadalupe, or Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
5. Wear a Miraculous Medal
6. Memorize a new Marian hymn or prayer. This is a link to a beautiful Latin hymn – Salve Regina: Hail Holy Queen
7. Get invested in the scapular. The original and most common scapular is the brown scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, which has special prayers and graces associated with it.
8. Read a book about Mary. Come to the Pastoral Centre for a plethora of options!
We have all your resources for the month of May…. If there’s anything that you may want to pick up at the Catholic Pastoral Centre we are offering curb side pick-up. All you have to do is give us a call (807)343-9313. We’d be happy to help you out.
This is just a few things we have… there’s so much more. Give us a call we are here to help.